U.S. households produce 21% of the country’s greenhouse gas emissions. So smart choices at home can make a difference. Green@Home helps local residents take action to reduce climate change by making their homes more energy efficient.
During a HouseCall, trained volunteers visit your home to perform an energy assessment and install basic energy-saving devices:
- 1 retractable clothesline
- 3 compact fluorescent lights (CFL) bulbs
- 3 low-flow faucet aerators and 1 showerhead
- Suggestions to reduce phantom power usage
- Adjustments to your water heater and refrigerator temperatures
Green@Home HouseCalls are a free service offered by Acterra, an award-winning non-profit organization that brings people together to create local solutions for a healthy planet.
Free energy-saving home visits are offered in the following communities and sponsored by city funds:
Follow our progress with our Green@Home Dashboard.